Don’t let the planning for your special day get you stressed! With the right planning, everything should go smoothly. Here is a list of what to expect, and in order.
- Announce the engagement!
- Decide on the type of wedding you want to have as well as the date and
- Choose and reserve the wedding ceremony and reception location.
- Make arrangements with your officiator.
- Select your bridal party, including the bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers, and other roles.
- Plan your color scheme and overall theme.
- Have a photo shoot for the announcements, and send the announcements to your local newspaper.
- Select and order your wedding gown and groom’s suit.
- Select and order your other accessories as well as the attendants’ gowns.
- Meet with the venue, photographer, caterer, D.J., florist and cake designer to discuss your options and put together a budget.
- Contact a rental coordinator for equipment you might need, such as tables, chairs or stereo equipment.
- Start planning the reception.
- Start your honeymoon planning.
- Select and order wedding rings.
- Arrange for any time you might need off work.
- It’s a good idea to buy a wedding planner to store your notes, brochures, pictures, and receipts.
- Complete your guest list.
- Select and order invitations, programs, a guestbook, napkins, announcements, and personal stationary.
- Plan to have mothers select attire.
- Arrange for doctor and dental appointments (if needed)
- Mail all invitations to allow time for RSVP’s.
- Arrange for appointment to get your marriage license.
- Make arrangements for lodging for out-of-town guests.
- Purchase gifts for your bridal party and groom.
- Plan your reception seating arrangement.
- Finalize honeymoon arrangements.
- Start selecting your wedding favors based on the season and wedding theme, and get them on order to ensure they arrive on time.
- Schedule your bridal portrait if you’re getting one.
- Begin recording gifts received and send out your thank-you notes.
- Schedule your final fittings, including your accessories and shoes.
- Schedule bridesmaid’s lunch or party.
- Obtain your wedding props, such as your candles and pillow for ring bearer.
- Have your bachelorette party now to insure that there aren’t any accidents that might put a damper on your ceremony. Make sure all of the bachelorette party supplies are on order.
- Finalize your wedding day transportation.
- Arrange to get your name changed on your license, social security card, etc.
- Confirm your guest accommodations.
- Prepare your wedding announcements to be mailed after the wedding.
- Start packing for your honeymoon
- Let your caterer know the finalized number of guests
- Double-check all of the details with your vendors (cake designer, photographer, etc.)
- Finalize the seating arrangements.
- Style your hair with your hair piece or accessories to ensure it’s the look you want.
- Make sure the rings are picked up and fit properly.
- Practice your makeup.
- Have your rehearsal and rehearsal dinner one or two days before the wedding.
- If you want pre-wedding pictures, arrange with your photographer and attendants to arrive two hours before the ceremony.
On your wedding day:
- Start your day with whatever relaxes you, whether it’s a hot bath, a morning run or a spa visit.
- Drink plenty of water and don’t forget to eat!
- Have your hair and makeup done with plenty of time to spare. This will relieve stress.
- Start dressing two hours before the ceremony.